Terms & Conditions
The driver of the rented car must be at least twenty-one (21) years old.
The driver’s license for the rented car must have been issued at least one year before the rental date. Non-EU citizens are required to produce an international driving license along with a valid national driving license.
Pickup and Return
The lessee must return the rented vehicle in the same condition as received, with all its components (indicative tools, wheels and accessories) at the agreed point stated on the first page of the aggreement. If the lessee does not deliver the car to that place and to an employee of the Let’s Drive, it is deemed to have left the car with the corresponding legal consequences in the event of a loss or a financial debt to the company.
- The lessee has an obligation throughout the present lease to protect the car, control its mechanical condition, oil, water, etc. also check the condition of the tires and their safety during the movement.
- The lessee, when not using the car, must take all precautions measures to avoid theft of the car or its parts.
- All fines and administrative penalties arising out of the driver’s fault are fully burden by the lessee.
- The lessee is forbidden to make modifications to the rented car, to perform mechanical or other work, replacing parts, in violation of the odometer.
- The lessee is liable and obliged to indemnify the company for damages arising out of his liability.
Payments - Costs
The lessee has to pay:
- Petrol cost during the present lease
- The charges for deliveries and receipts if they are charged to the contract.
- The insurance indemnity for the case of full insurance acceptance.
- The rate of tax corresponding to all of the above.
- If the lessee delays the return of the car after the agreed return time, the 20% of the daily cost mileage is charged per hour.
When renting vehicles via Rental Crete, payments are made exclusively by charging a credit card if the reservation is made via our website. (We accept Visa and MasterCard debit and credit cards. Diners Club and American Express cards are not accepted.)
Please note that for all car rentals you will need to provide a credit card in the driver’s name.
You can cancel your reservation free of charge up to 48 hours before the agreed vehicle pick up time. If you cancel your reservation in less than 48 hours, Rental Crete follows the following cancellation policy:
- If you cancel your reservation in less than 48 hours, the charge is 55.00 €
- If you cancel your reservation in less than 24 hours, the charge is 70.00 €
- If the prepayment amount is less than € 70.00, there will be no additional charges or refunds.
You are not entitled to any refund in the case of no-show.
- You want to cancel but inform us when your rental is almost ready to start.
- You do not turn up at the agreed place and time to start the rental.
- You do not present the necessary supporting documents – paperwork at the start of rental.
- You do not present a valid credit card in the name of the drier which has adequate funds to block the guaranteed amount.
During the lease the car is forbidden to use:
- By any person under the age of 21.
- By anyone who is not a qualified licenced driver, or by anyone whose licence has been issued within 12 months from rental date, or whose licence has been witheld, revold, revoked or suspended within the previous year.
- To instruct an unlicensed person in operation on vehicle.
- Against the terms and conditions of the agreement.
- To carry persons or property for hire.
- To carry more persons than it is licensed for.
- To transfer heavy luggage or badly smelling goods, narcotics and guns.
- To tow other cars or trailers.
- In any race test or contest.
- By any person under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- By any person without the advanced authorization of the lessor.
- For any use against the Hellenic Law.
- Driving outside Greece and transporting – moving the vehicle by boat or other means. It is not allowed without the written permission of Rental Crete.
Rental vehicles can only be used on the main road network (asphalt roads within the city / provincial network, national roads, motorways, etc.). Regardless of the vehicle category, it is not allowed to use them on unpaved roads, off-road terrain etc. For more details please check the contract.
Movement or roads of lower classes is allowed only in cases when the local authorities force you to use such alternate roads due to roadblocks etc. We kindly ask you, that in such cases you adjust your speed to the conditions on the road while having special consideration for poor road conditions (holes, bumps etc.) that can cause large end expensive damages to the rented vehicle.
The driver has the right to choose between the following types of insurance:
- CDW with exemption from liability for the insurance company of € 900.00 + VAT for the categories Mini, Compact, Automatic Compact, 4×4, Cabrio, exemption from liability for the insurance company of 1.100,00 € + VAT for the categories Family, SUV, exemption from liability for the insurance company of 1.500,00 € + VAT for the categories Mini Van 7 pax, Luxury (BMW Series 1), exemption from liability for the insurance company of 1.800,00 € + VAT for the categories Mini Van 9 pax, Luxury (BMW Series 2) and exemption from liability for the insurance company of € 2,000.00 + VAT for the categories Luxury (BMW X1). The exemption is reserved for the rental period through credit card which must be issued in the name of the driver.
- FDW with exemption from liability for the insurance company of € 0.00 for the categories Mini, Compact, Family, Automatic, 4×4 και SUV and € 200 + VAT for the categories Luxury, Mini Van. The exemption is reserved for the rental period through credit card which must be issued in the name of the driver. The CDW and FDW do not in any way cover damages to the wheels, broken glass, the interior and parts below the car (chassis) of Rental Crete.
Any insurance coverage reaches up to the amount of the financial compensation mentioned in the insurance contract of the vehicle. The lessee is liable for damages and damages greater than those above.
In the event of an accident or other incident, the lessee has the obligation to follow the following:
- Take pictures of the accident.
- Call the police
- Record names and addresses from eyewitnesses.
- Do not accept any responsibility for the accident until the responsibility has been imputed by the officers.
- Communicate urgently with the company.
- Record all necessary information about the accident (name of other driver, car registration number, etc.).
- To submit to the company, within 24 hours of the accident, a signed memo describing the incident.
Renter is being covered during rental period by insurance policy in accordance with Law 489/1976 article 5 (2) for the loss of or damage to third parties and damage to property of third parties, otherwise by the minimum insurance cover provided by the applicable law at the time of the lease.
The lessor company is not responsible for any loss or damage to the items of the customers who are on the rented car, whether they have been abandoned at its offices before or after the contract.
The lessor company made every effort and took all possible precautions to avoid mechanical damage to the car.
Delivery problems may require from us to cancel or replace a detained car.
For any dispute arising out of this lease, the courts of the city of Heraklion are competent to resolve them.
The lessor company is under no obligation to return money before the termination of the agreed lease.
There is no insurance in cases where explicit reference is made to the Greek Traffic law.